Our school uses Google Classroom as a way for teachers to post activities (as homework or as part of remote learning) to our children, and in turn for them to share what they have done. Google Classroom offers a variety of different features. For example;
- The opportunity for feedback from class teachers
- Children can communicate more easily with their class teacher. Help is at hand - A great feature of this system is that should children need additional support they can communicate with their class teachers, who will then reply and support.
- Children can upload work using a laptop or any smart device in a variety of different formats.
- Easy Access to Materials - because everything is posted online, Google Classroom gives pupils access to materials no matter where they are. We can support pupils who are absent; they can easily access work from home
- Healthy School:Healthy Planet - Less Paper Use - Google Classroom can support the reduction of paper consumption for homework tasks. This will ultimately help the environment. Another benefit is that the school will save money on paper; this can be spent on other resources
- No Lost Work - Our pupils can’t lose pieces of paper if they don’t physically have them.
Google Classroom is a valuable tool for our school community. The new platform enables teachers to monitor children’s wellbeing and home learning participation, as well as provide children with the opportunity to ask clarification questions relating to their home learning, in addition to being able to send messages to their teacher. Class teachers have the ability to host Virtual Class Meetings using Google Meet (another app linked to Classroom). Google Classroom will be part of a system to support a more effective move from school learning to home learning, in the event of either a partial or full closure of school.